Phone: +34 91 716 1424
Unmanned Solutions and its subsidiary Unmanned Aircraft Technologies can provide all products and services needed to configure and operate an Unmanned Aerial System (UAS), including:
- All required equipment
- Operation and maintenance of the aircraft and the ground station
- Training and certification of system operators and other support personnel
Systems onboard an unmanned vehicle should comply with the same international standards as commercial aircraft. In the case of airborne software, Eurocae ED12-B (or RTCA DO-178B in the US) are of application.
These standards require a precisely defined and strictly documented development process, from the initial specification of requisites (planning) to final testing (quality assurance).
In adition, a full safety assesment process and hazard analysis has to be performed, identifying all possible risks, determining failure conditions leading to these risks and adopting a mitigation strategy based on the risk severity: catastrophic, hazardous, major, minor or without effect with respect to aircraft, crew and passengers.
The number of applications for UAS is enormous, and growing. As a result unmanned aircraft have to be flexible enough to accomodate a variety of requirements, sometimes conflicting.
Unmanned Solutions offers flexible platforms that can be further customized to support most applications.
- For fotogrametric applications, it is desirable a smooth and stable flight. With wing spans up to 6 meters, Unmanned Solutions offers a degree of stability out of reach for mini-UAS.
- Some applications,such as border control, require high endurance systems. Unmanned Solutions offers systems with over 15 hours of operation.
- Some equipment, such as Sintetic Aperture Radars (SAR) require a substantial payload capacity. Unmanned Solutions offers systems with payloads up to 45 kg.
While Unmanned Aircraft fly without a pilot onboard, they still require an operator to control the flight, even in autopilot mode, and sometimes another person to perform mission related functions.
And, of course, UAS have to be properly maintaned and provisioned between flights.
UATec, the service provider subsidiary of Unmanned Solutions offers a full range of training and certification programs covering all aspects of the maintenance and operation of UAS.
Ground stations are the cockpits of unmanned systems.
Unmanned Solutions offers ground stations to operate its unmanned vehicles either in radio control mode or telecommanded.
Aircraft and ground stations communicate through redundant links with enough bandwidth to control flight parameters and receive mission related data.
USol offers the possibility of integrating payload generated data in its ground stations to enhance the mission performance.
Flight and mission control systems
The founders of USol have 20+ years of experience in the design and development of autonomous flight control algorithms applied to unmanned aircraft. These algorithms are employed in the flight and mission control systems, characterized by their robust, fault tolerant, design.
To ensure the security of operation, flight control systems use redundant subsystems, sensor fusion and provide automatic flight, take-off and landing in emergency situations.
To increase the functionality, flight parameters, dependent on aircraft configuration, and mission control systems are fully configurable.
Onboard mission systems
Unmanned Solutions offers a comprehensive assortment of mission equipment to support the most common applications of UAS, including:
- Visual and infrarred cameras and videocameras
- Sensors for diverse magnitudes
- Radar systems
- Radio links
Unmanned Solutions provides integral maintenance solutions to its clients including:
- Preventive Maintenance: Periodical revision of structural elements, electronic and mechanical systems
- Scheduled Maintenance
- Corrective Maintenance: Repair or substitution of elements damaged by accidents
- Engineering support: Consulting and support for the modifications required to accomodate specific mission requirements and equipment
USol trhough its subsidiary UATec provides its clients the possibility of taking over the whole operation of our systems, from the the execution of pre-flight security control protocols up to the operation of the aircraft in flight.
Mission systems operation
Hover the cursor over the links for more information